There is truth in the popular saying, “A picture is worth a thousand words”. A picture reveals details in a way that words cannot describe. In the real estate business, we rely on photography to showcase the best features of the homes we are seeking to sell. Without quality pictures, it will be difficult for potential clients to imagine the home as words alone would be insufficient. In a recent survey, 80% of buyers searched for homes on the internet with approximately 25% purchasing the property they found. This confirms the important role pictures play in attracting a buyer. Here are a few tips on taking and selecting the best pictures to advertise your home.
The best time to take pictures of the exterior of the home is in the afternoon when the sky is clear blue and the sun is shining. For interior shots, turn on the lights or use a camera with a flash. This adds the correct color balance, making the room look brighter.
Take as many shots as possible of each side of the exterior of your house as prospective buyers want to see more than just the front view. Your interior photos should include each room of the house, even the bathrooms, laundry room, and basement. Be sure to highlight added features such as a swimming pool, patio, fire place, or gym . Taking several pictures of each room, at different angles, will help ensure you capture the shot that best compliments each area of your home.
Getting a clear, quality shot is very important. Stage each room in a way that compliments its size, and character. Remove extra furniture, and clutter that might obscure the beauty of the area. Always pay close attention to the details, critique each picture from the view point of the potential buyer.
After the photo shoot, select the best pictures and crop as needed. Your professional real estate agent will then take the time to review the pictures with you and advise on which ones to display on the listing sheet. Your agent will know which shots best compliment your home and will help it sell. Always keep in mind it is the pictures of your home that will attract a buyer and inspire them to seek more details.
This Condo in Ashland, MA recently sold for $249,000.
This is a Townhouse style home and features 6 total rooms, 3 full baths, 1 half bath, 2 bedrooms, and was sold by
The Homes Connection, Inc.
Ashland MA Listing AlertsAshland, MA - $2,100 - Rentals - - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/117 hours agoAshland, MA - $239,900 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Ashland, MA - $281,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1Ashland, MA - $479,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:3/1Ashland, MA - $295,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/1
Framingham MA Listing AlertsFramingham, MA - $234,999 - Single-Family - Colonial, Multi-Level - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:17 hours agoFramingham, MA - $177,900 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:3 - Beds:1 - Baths:112 hours agoFramingham, MA - $350,000 - Multi-Family - Units:2 - Levels:3 - Parking Spaces:613 hours agoFramingham, MA - $317,500 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/116 hours agoFramingham, MA - $350,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/117 hours ago
Holliston MA Listing AlertsHolliston, MA - $3,600 - Rentals - - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:3Holliston, MA - $144,900 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:1Holliston, MA - $519,900 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:7 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/1Holliston, MA - $484,900 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:7 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/1Holliston, MA - $759,990 - Single-Family - Colonial, Contemporary, Other - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/1
- Ashland, MA 01721
- Ashland, MA 01721
- Ashland, MA 01721
- Buying a Home
- Framingham, MA 01702
- Help Around the House
- Home Design
- Home Improvements
- Local News
- Market Trends
- Money Saving Tips
- Open Houses
- Open Houses
- Pets and Your Home
- Real estate
- Real EState For Sale
- Real Estate For Sale
- Real Estate Marketing
- Selling Your Home
- Special Real Estate Situations
- To Your Health
- Yard Improvements
- Julian A. Prachnick, 75, of Hudson August 20, 2014Julian A. Prachnick, 75, of Hudson, formerly of Berlin, died Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014 at Marlboro Hills Healthcare Center surrounded by his loving family. […]
- Ashland: Dragonfly Festival at Mill Pond Park August 19, 2014Ashland's first Dragonfly Festival, to be held Saturday, Aug. 23, 4 p.m. to dark, at Mill Pond Park and on the grounds of the Ashland Historical Society, 2 Myrtle St., was conceived as a way to bring the Ashland community together to celebrate arts. […]
- Roadwork Notice in Hopkinton August 14, 2014Frankland Rd to the Ashland town line. The road will be closed from approximately 7am-11am for fine grading to prepare the road surface for asphalt paving. […]
- August Roadwork Notice August 11, 2014Frankland Rd to the Ashland town line. Wilson St - East Main St to 1500 ft North of East Main St. Fenton St - Full length. […]
- Julian A. Prachnick, 75, of Hudson August 20, 2014
- Benjamin S. Binder Receives Degree from Western New England University August 31, 2014Benjamin S. Binder of Framingham, MA, received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Western New England University on May 17, 2014. […]
- Fonseca and Palencia Named to Assumption College Dean's List August 31, 2014Recognizing outstanding student academic achievement, Assumption College has named 545 students to the undergraduate Dean's List for the spring 2014 semester. […]
- Police Arrest Marlborough Man and Framingham Woman on Drug and... August 31, 2014Monday, Aug. 4: 4 arrests and 5 crashes Editor's Note: Gov. Patrick signed into law a new domestic violence law. […]
- Framingham Massage Envy Spa Supports Falmouth Road Race Runner... August 31, 2014The following is a press release from Massage Envy Spa. Massage Envy Spa Framingham, a locally owned spa that is part of the leading company for therapeutic massage in the United States, recently supported runner Brandon Benoit in the 2014 New Balance Falmouth Road Race to raise money and awareness for arthritis. […]
- Benjamin S. Binder Receives Degree from Western New England University August 31, 2014
- Dogwood Lane Home Features Acre of Land, Two-Story Foyer August 30, 2014Premier Location. Near the Holliston line. Minutes to Rte. I-495 & shopping. Over 1 acre of land and situated on a quiet cul-de-sac with only four other high end homes. […]
- Fatima Day at the Shrine in Holliston August 27, 2014On Saturday September 13th, the Xaverian Missionaries will hold the traditional Fatima Day celebration in honor of Our Lady. […]
- CampBio brings out the scientists in kids August 23, 2014Being stuck in a classroom is the last place any middle schooler wants to be during summer vacation. […]
- Hopkinton: Rep. Dykema to host annual senior picnic August 13, 2014Representative Carolyn Dykema will host her annual Senior Picnic for senior citizens from Hopkinton, Holliston, Southborough, and Westborough Wednesday, Aug. 20, from 12-2 p.m., at Hopkinton Laborer's Training Center, 37 East St., Hopkinton. […]
- Dogwood Lane Home Features Acre of Land, Two-Story Foyer August 30, 2014